This week we had to sort out some problems with prescriptions and once again Jade Pharmacy in Ealing Road were incredibly helpful, as they have been all this year, working right through the lockdowns to serve the local community.
Just one example where businesses and the residents in the area have gone out of their way to help elderly, vulnerable and those who need to isolate. There are so many other examples which has demonstrated what a great community we have in Wembley & Alperton.
This year sponsored by MiAmorhub.co.uk (another local business), WCARA would like to thank everyone
who volunteered and supported the community in this extraordinary year. Here are the heroes you nominated for this special recognition:
- A Local GP and resident of Wembley Central who not helped me personally to attend to a friend who was unwell during the pandemic, but also assisted many other neighbours in the area risking her and family's own health.
- Local resident of Wembley who has been at the heart for the Wembley Central Mutual Aid Group, supporting young and old during the pandemic. More recently she organised Christmas hampers for children in the area.
a community volunteer supporting a local covid kitchen and more recently helping Brent Council promote safe distancing guidelines amongst businesses and residents on Ealing Road.
who helped make 100s of beautiful masks at the height of the first lockdown, when supplies were limited. We don't know what we would have done without your help Manna.
helped make 100s of beautiful masks for local community and also school teachers. Thank you so much Nusrat.
local community volunteer who helped elderly and vulnerable neighbours during this extra ordinary year.
Staff at Jade Pharmacy,
on Ealing Road. Helpful as always, never saying no to any demands or problems. Delivering essential medication to local neighbours. "No problem" is what you hear when you ask them for help.
Chintan Pandya & Mona Pandya, from Desi Dhaba on Ealing Road.
A new business opened in February this year, but very quickly cooking and delivering healthy meals to elderly, vulnerable and self-isolating neighbours since the first lock-down. This service is still being offered by them. Over 200,000 meals have been cooked in their kitchen this year.
Daxesh Patel, Jalaram Sweet Mart on Ealing Road
also opened his door in supporting the local community delivering fresh wholesome meals to the local community
Iceland delivery drivers from Wembley Branch
- immense support and help from all of the drivers with many residents nominating them for the extra help whilst delivering their shopping.
Staff @ Herrick Ward at Northwick Park Hospital
- the ward dealing with COVID-19 patients deserve an extra special mention who cared for many of our neighbours and still do during this difficult time for all.
Our postal delivery workers
- they continued to deliver during lockdown with no masks or gloves issued them.