Start WCARA is pleased to announce the launch of Best Garden Competition to celebrate #Blossom2020.
In late April, WCARA and Alperton Community Group volunteers delivered bedding plants to hundreds of homes around Wembley & Alperton bringing smile in what was a difficult time for us all. I know many of you have sent me pictures over the last few weeks, please keep them coming!
Across the country, we have been celebrating British Flowers Week, so what a great time to launch this competition. Here are some rules:
1) All entrants must complete an entry via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 19th July. Please email me your full name, address, telephone, email and three pictures.
2) Judging will take into account of how (a)colour is used, (b) innovative use of materials, (c) variety of plants, (d) how it benefits wildlife and (e) how it improves the neighbourhood.
3) Any photographs (maximum 3) submitted must have been taken in June/July of the current year.
4) Any entries consisting of or including artificial plants will be rejected.
5) Only one entry per household will be accepted.
6) By entering the competition all entrants agree to abide by the rules and to participate in associated publicity including having their photographs being taken, if required. We will be sharing pictures on our website and social media.
7) The entrant agrees to allow judges (maximum 2 WCARA committee members) to enter the gardens if required. As we are living through the pandemic, we will try to avoid this but may require some access.
8) We are keen for those with small spaces, balconies and front gardens to enter.
9) WCARA committee members and families are not permitted to enter the competition.
10) No correspondence will be entered into and the judges' decisions are final.
11) The winners will be announced week commencing 20th July.
We will have prizes for the following categories, and they will be confirmed later:
* Best use of small space
* Best front garden
* Best rear garde
Ladies and Gentlemen, as we move to the next phase of the pandemic, with shops opening and many of us returning to our workplaces, please do take care. #StayAlert and #StaySafe.
We look forward to receiving your entries.